Thursday, October 29, 2009

Eva.

I have found a fountain of love, and it is called teaching.

Anyone who feels alone, unloved, or underappreciated should go to his or her nearest elementary school and apply for a job.

There, anything you do becomes "the coolest". Anything you wear is "the prettiest". And finally, anything you say is "the smartest."
You also get notes like this:It reads, "You are a very very, got teacher and are beautiful," followed by two pictures, one obviously "yes" and the other "no", and "Con todo cariño de Eva, by Eva"
So, maybe I'm not that "got" of a teacher since she thinks "good" is spelled g-o-t, but I'll take what I can get, people!
The best part of my day today?
When Laura (one of my fourth graders) ran up to me in the hallway, gave me a massive hug, looked me in the eyes and said "I loff jew"...[I love you, for those of you who can't read Spanish accents]. I think my heart is still melted on the floor at San Ignacio.
p.s. First grade funny occurence of the week: We drew pictures of "Our Family," but when I got to Christina's picture I couldn't find her. There was, however, an incredibly frightening rabbit human. When I asked Christina about it, she explained to me that I was confused; that was in fact, her, with a rabbit mask on. Silly me!

3 comments:

Chuval said...

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Love the rabbit story...

Lauren Madison said...

Omg, I never had any doubt those precious Spanish ninos would just adore you, Miller. I love it!!

katie said...

ahaah man i miss you